There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1/4 cup quick oats
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 ounce Cabot Sharp Cheddar, finely grated (about 1/4 cup), plus extra for garnish
2 large Empire or other baking apples
1 cup Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice Cocktail
1. Place rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In small bowl, work together oats and brown sugar; add cheddar and toss to combine.
3. Cut apples in half along equator; with melon baller or sharp spoon, scoop out star-shaped core from center of each half, leaving bottom intact.
4. Press some of oat mixture into hole and over top of each apple half; arrange apples in 8-inch square or other small baking dish and pour cranberry juice cocktail around base of apples.
5. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until apples are completely tender all the way to bottom when pierced with skewer.
6. Serve with juices from baking dish spooned over top and additional sprinkle of grated cheddar.