There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
4 large Cortland, Granny Smith or other baking apples
4 -6 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, crumbled
Maple syrup to taste
4 sheets aluminum foil
1. Core apples and remove peel about one quarter of the way down from top.
2. Gently stuff some of cheese into each apple, filling right to top. Drizzle maple syrup over cheese and peeled area of apples. Double or triple-wrap apples in aluminum foil.
3. To cook in campfire, make “nest” of hot coals, place wrapped apples directly in coals and lightly cover with more coals. (Alternatively, cook on grill.)
4. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes until tender, turning every 3 to 4 minutes with tongs or long stick, being careful not to pierce foil.
5. Remove from coals, unwrap carefully and serve warm, drizzled with additional syrup. (Or don’t unwrap and let cool to serve as snacks later on.)
Recipe courtesy of Jimmy Kennedy.