Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
8 ounces (2 sticks) Cabot Unsalted Butter, plus extra for baking dish
8 ounces Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar (about 2 cups)
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt (or 1 teaspoon kosher salt)
5 large eggs
2 cups brown sugar, packed*
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Whipped cream and sliced strawberries (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Melt two sticks of butter; set aside to cool. Butter 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
3. With microplane or other very fine grater, grate cheese, being careful not to let cheese pile too high and clump; set aside. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa and salt.
4. In large bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer until pale; add sugar and vanilla and beat until creamy.
5. Add cheese and beat on high speed until well combined.
6. Beat in cooled butter on low speed until incorporated. Add dry ingredients and beat on low speed just until blended.
7. Spread batter evenly in prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies appear set in center. Allow to cool to lukewarm or room temperature. Serve topped with whipped cream and strawberries if desired.
*or use 1 cup brown sugar plus 1 cup granulated or palm sugar
Recipe courtesy of Charles French at Chef Chaz.