There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
*Nutrition analysis for Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar.
4 ears fresh corn
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 medium yellow squash
1 medium zucchini
1 medium onion, diced
2 fresh tomatoes, diced
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
8 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar or Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated* (about 2 cups)
1. Carefully pull back husk from each ear of corn, leaving it still attached at base. Remove and discard silk. Snap off ear and set aside. Place intact husks in large pot of water to soak, along with 8 pieces of string, each about 10 inches long.
2. While husks soak, stand each ear of corn up on end; with sharp knife, cut off kernels from top to base (you should have about 2 cups total).
3. In heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add squash, zucchini and onion and cook until just beginning to soften. Add tomatoes and reserved corn. Salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to maintain gentle simmer and cook for 10 to 15 minutes; cover and set aside to keep warm.
4. Remove husks and string from water, shaking them dry. Open husks and carefully spoon vegetable mixture into husks. Close husks around vegetables, tying top with piece of soaked string. Add second piece of string around middle if needed.
5. Preheat grill to medium-low. Place vegetable packets on grill and cook for 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes.