These are excellent muffins.....delicious !by Charlotte Adams on 12/24/2012
2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
2/3 cup sugar, plus about 2 tablespoons for sprinkling on top
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) Cabot Salted Butter
3/4 cup Cabot 2% Plain Greek-Style Yogurt
2 large eggs
1/4 cup reduced-fat (2%) milk
1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon zest plus 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) blueberries, raspberries or a mix of the two
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat 12-hole muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, whisk together flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter just until melted; whisk in yogurt until smooth and blended. Whisk in eggs until completely blended, then add milk, lemon zest and lemon juice and whisk again.
4. Gently toss berries with dry ingredients. With spatula, scrape in yogurt mixture and fold in gently just until no traces of dry ingredients remain.
5. Divide batter among muffin cups. Sprinkle tops with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are browned and feel firm when lightly pressed. Let cool briefly to firm up slightly, then twist each muffin to loosen and remove from tin; serve warm.