Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1 1/2 cups dry elbow macaroni
1 tablespoon Cabot Salted Butter
1/3 cup chopped shallots
2 cups milk
2 ounces Cabot American cheese, chopped
3 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 3/4 cup)
1 ounce Cabot Swiss cheese, grated
1 ounce Gouda cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and ground white pepper to taste
1 1/2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter, softened
1 1/2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 pound diced cooked lobster meat
Optional embellishments: Panko breadcrumbs and white truffle oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter casserole dish or individual ramekins.
2. In large pot of boiling, salted water, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain well.
3. In small skillet, melt butter; add shallots and cook, stirring, until softened and translucent. Set aside.
4. In large saucepan, combine milk and lobster base; heat to 190°F. Remove from heat and add American cheese, stirring until blended. Stir in remaining cheeses and shallots. Season with salt and white pepper.
5. In small bowl, blend softened butter and flour; whisk mixture into warm cheese sauce and return to low heat, stirring, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
6. Stir in macaroni and lobster. Pour into casserole or ramekins. Top with breadcrumbs and drizzle with truffle oil, if using.
7. Bake until heated through and barely browned on top.
Recipe courtesy of White Mountain Hotel and Resort, North Conway, NH.