Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1/2 batch Cheddar Cornbread, cooled
1 pound penne, shell or large elbow pasta
1 stick (8 tablespoons) Cabot Salted Butter
1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
4 cups lowfat (1%) milk, heated
1 pound Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 4 cups)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 1/2 - 2 pounds cooked lobster meat
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Crumble cornbread and set aside.
2. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain well and return to pot.
3. In heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour until well blended; let cook, whisking, for one to two minutes.
4. Gradually whisk in milk. Continue cooking, whisking often, until sauce comes to simmer and thickens.
5. Stir in cheese; when melted and combined, reduce heat to low and stir in basil and dill weed. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes longer.
6. Add half of sauce to pasta and mix well. Add lobster and remaining sauce and mix again.
7. Spread mixture in lightly greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Spread cornbread evenly over top.
8. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Recipe courtesy of Jimmy Kennedy.