There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
*Nutrition analysis based on 1/2 pizzadilla, with Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar.
1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons olive oil
6-8 ounces Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar or Sharp Cheddar, grated (1 1/2-2 cups)*
About 4 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter
Shredded lettuce, diced fresh tomatoes and Cabot Sour Cream
1. In small bowl, sprinkle yeast on top of water and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes (mixture should start to bubble).
2. In large bowl, mix flour and salt. Add olive oil and yeast mixture. Mix well with your hands, kneading dough in bowl until dry ingredients are completely incorporated.
3. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rise until doubled in bulk, about two hours.
4. To make pizza rounds, preheat oven to 400°F. Punch down dough and knead briefly in bowl. Pinch off pieces of dough and form into balls slightly smaller than golf ball.
5. On well-floured surface, roll balls out into very, very thin rounds, 5 to 6 inches in diameter.
6. Place rounds on oiled baking sheet or sheets. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
7. To make pizzadillas, melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet or on griddle until it starts to bubble (don’t let it start to brown).
8. Place one pizza round in skillet or on griddle and top with one fourth of cheese. Place second round on top. Let cook for a minute or two until golden underneath, then carefully turn over with spatula. Cook until golden on second side and cheese has started to melt.
9. Transfer to cutting board and cut into quarters. Serve “as is”, or accompanied with small bowls of shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and sour cream, or topped with your favorite pizza sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Jimmy Kennedy.