There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
*Nutrition analysis for Cabot Sharp Cheddar.
2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch cubes
6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
10 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
3 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
12 large eggs
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup light cream
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar or Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)*
4 ounces Cabot Hand-Rubbed Tuscan Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease 9-by-13-inch baking dish and set aside.
2. In medium bowl, toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons of oil plus salt and pepper. Spread out on baking sheet with sides.
3. Roast potatoes, stirring occasionally, until nicely browned, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
4. In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain, discarding excess fat. Finely chop about 2 tablespoons of bacon and set aside for garnish.
5. Return skillet to low heat; add onions and remaining 4 tablespoons of oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes; set aside to cool.
6. In large bowl, whisk eggs until blended; add heavy and light cream and 1/4 cup of chives. Season mixture with salt and pepper and whisk again.
7. Spread potatoes over bottom of prepared baking dish. Top with onions, then sprinkle evenly with large-diced bacon and both cheeses. Pour egg-cream mixture evenly over top.
8. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until set all the way to center. Cut into squares and garnish with reserved finely chopped bacon and chives.
Recipe courtesy of Ormsby Hill, Manchester, VT.