There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
3 cups frozen country style hash brown potatoes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 ounces Cabot Horseradish Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
6 slices crisp-cooked bacon, coarsely crumbled
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Thaw potatoes in microwave or at room temperature (they will sink to about 2 cups). In medium bowl, stir together potatoes, oil and salt until potatoes are thoroughly blended with oil.
3. Using about 1 tablespoon per crisp, place potato mixture in about 24 rounded mounds on two baking sheets.
4. Bake for 10 minutes in middle of oven.
5. Remove from oven and turn over each crisp with spatula, pressing to flatten. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes longer or until well browned and crisp on edges.
6. Sprinkle with cheese, bacon and thyme and return to oven just until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Transfer to serving plate and let stand for a minute before serving.