Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
6 ounces Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Reserve Aged Cheddar, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup King Arthur Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cold water
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Place rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In large bowl, stir together cheese, white and whole wheat flours and salt with fork until well blended.
3. Make well in center of dry ingredients; add water and oil and stir, pulling dry ingredients into wet until combined. Briefly knead dough into ball.
4. Divide dough in half. On floured work surface, adding more flour as needed to keep dough from sticking, firmly roll one piece of dough into very thin sheet, as large as baking sheet. Lift onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining piece of dough.
5. With pizza cutter, pastry cutter or knife, cut dough into 1-by-2-inch rectangles or other shapes or sizes as desired.
6. Bake (one sheet at a time if necessary) for 10 to 12 minutes or until well browned and completely crisp. (Edge crackers will brown first, so remove those with metal spatula and return remaining crackers to oven to finish baking, watching carefully.)
7. Let cool completely, then store in zip-close bag or other airtight container.
Nutrition analysis based on serving of 5 crackers.