There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1 tablespoon plus 2 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter
1 pound skinless salmon fillet
4 spears asparagus, ends trimmed
1 large egg yolk
1/4 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons Cabot Plain Greek-Style Yogurt
1 cup whole wheat Panko (Japanese-style) breadcrumbs
2 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1/2 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Rub small baking sheet or baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter.
2. Place salmon on pan or in dish; bake for 15 minutes or until salmon is cooked all the way to center. Set aside to cool.
3. Steam asparagus in saucepan with small amount of water until bright green and just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. When cool, slice spears lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch pieces.
4. In medium bowl, whisk egg yolk until frothy. Add milk and yogurt and whisk again.
5. When salmon is cool enough to handle, break or chop into pieces and add to egg mixture, along with asparagus. Mix in breadcrumbs and cheese. Shape mixture into two-inch cakes, in any shape you desire.
6. In large skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter; when hot but not bubbling, add salmon cakes and cook until lightly browned, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
7. Remove from pan and let cool. Serve whole or broken into pieces.
Recipe courtesy of Jimmy Kennedy.