There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1 cooked rotisserie chicken
1 small green bell pepper, halved and seeded
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
1 (15-ounce) can pinto or kidney beans, drained
1 ounce Cabot Jalapeno Light Cheddar, grated (about 1/4 cup)
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime, quartered (optional)
1. Remove skin from chicken and discard; cut chicken into bite-size chunks and set aside.
2. With food processor or by hand, finely chop together bell pepper, onion and garlic.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; add pepper-onion mixture and cook, stirring, until lightly colored, about 5 minutes. Add flour and cumin and stir until well blended.
4. Scrape mixture into slow cooker. Whisk in chicken broth, then add beans and reserved chicken. Cover and cook on high setting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
5. Add cheese, stirring until melted. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in cilantro. Serve with lime quarters for squeezing over the top, plus additional cheese if desired.