Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
Love this recipe! I tried it with a combination of the Habanero Cheddar and Extra Sharp-- so delicious.by Ashley on 11/05/2012
*Nutrition analysis does not include topping.
1 large sweet potato, grated (about 3 cups)
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
1/2 medium red onion, grated or finely minced
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup canola oil
Cabot Regular Sour Cream or Cabot Plain Greek-Style Yogurt*
1. In large bowl, toss together sweet potatoes, cheese and onion until well blended.
2. Add egg, mixing in well. Sprinkle flour over potato mixture and mix again.
3. Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, form potato mixture into 4-inch pancakes, using your hands or large kitchen spoon.
4. Working in batches, carefully lower latkes into hot oil. Fry on first side for 3 to 4 minutes or until bottom starts to turn golden brown.
5. Turn latkes over with spatula and cook until golden on second side, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer to plate lined with paper towel to drain.
6. Repeat with remaining latkes. Serve hot with sour cream or Greek yogurt.
Recipe courtesy of Jimmy Kennedy.