There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) Cabot Unsalted Butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 cup Cabot Regular Sour Cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup maple sugar (available in specialty food stores)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease 9-inch tube pan (or coat with cooking spray), then dust with flour.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into medium bowl.
3. In large bowl, cream together sugar and butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs and beat until blended.
4. Add flour mixture in thirds, alternating with sour cream and ending with flour mixture. Add vanilla and beat just until blended.
5. In small bowl, combine maple sugar, walnuts and cinnamon.
6. Pour half of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of nut mixture. Add remaining batter and top with remaining nut mixture.
7. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then remove cake to serving plate and let cool a bit longer. Slice and serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Ormsby Hill, Manchester, VT.