There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
*Nutrition analysis based on using Cabot Sharp Cheddar.
4 slices smoky bacon, finely diced
3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 (12-ounce) bottle amber ale
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
4 ounces Cabot Vermont Premium Cream Cheese, cut into pieces
16 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, Extra Sharp Cheddar or Seriously Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 4 cups)*
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, or to taste
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Food Should Taste Good The Works or Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
1. In large saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon until browned and crispy; transfer with slotted spoon to paper towels, leaving fat behind in pan.
2. Stir flour into bacon fat and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
3. Gradually whisk in ale; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until mixture is simmering and thickened. Whisk in mustard.
4. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream cheese. Add cheddar a handful at a time and stir until cheeses are melted and dip is hot.
5. Add Tabasco and season with salt and pepper to taste. (Dip can be made several days ahead and re-warmed.)
6. Serve warm in crock, surrounded with tortilla chips.