There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
2 large eggs plus 4 large egg yolks
3/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup Cabot Unsalted Butter, cut into cubes and brought to room temperature
1 cup honey
2-3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 cup Cabot Plain Greek-Style Yogurt
Finely grated zest of one orange
2-inch piece fresh ginger
To make orange curd:
1. Place strainer over small bowl and set aside.
2. In stainless steel or heat-proof glass bowl, combine eggs, egg yolks, orange juice, sugar and butter. Place bowl over pan of gently simmering water and whisk constantly just until mixture is thickened, 7 to 10 minutes. Immediately pour through strainer placed over bowl.
3. Divide warm curd among 6 (8 oz.) glasses.
To finish shooters:
4. Peel ginger and grate finely; place in cheesecloth and squeeze firmly over small bowl to extract juice, discarding fiber. Set aside.
5. In another small bowl, combine honey with enough orange juice to thin slightly. Set aside.
6. Whisk yogurt until lightened and smooth; spoon or pipe through pastry bag on top of orange curd. Drizzle some of honey over top, then add sprinkle of orange zest and drop of ginger juice.
Recipe courtesy of Mark Molinaro, Certified Executive Chef and Instructor at New England Culinary Institute, Essex VT.