Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
I first got this recipe as "Evergreen Surprise" in a pamplet that I got from Cabot (except it used regular cheddar). I make this recipe for every get together that we attend, and everybody oohs and ahhs about it. on 11/16/2009
These are a favorite in my family. Whenever I make them people always love them and want the recipe. Then they start requesting them when I am invited to a get together. on 01/04/2011
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Have bowl of ice water on hand.
2. In pot of boiling, salted water, cook asparagus for one minute. Transfer to ice water with slotted spoon. Once cool, transfer to paper towels to drain; pat dry.
3. Lay first phyllo sheet on cutting board; brush entire surface with melted butter. Top with next phyllo sheet and brush with butter; repeat with remaining two sheets. Cut into 12 smaller rectangles.
4. Place one piece of prosciutto and cheddar on each rectangle. Place asparagus spears on top with tips extending beyond edges. Roll phyllo up around asparagus and brush with additional butter.
5. Place rolls on baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jeffrey Weiss