There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
Roasted grape tomatoes:
2 pints grape tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Baked cottage cheese:
3 large eggs
1 1/2 pounds Cabot Cottage Cheese or No Fat Cottage Cheese
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or marjoram
Freshly grated zest of 1 lemon
Few grindings black pepper
To roast tomatoes:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Line baking sheet with sides with aluminum foil (for easier cleanup). Place tomatoes, oil, garlic, salt and sugar on sheet; shake to roll tomatoes around and coat them all over with oil.
3. Place in middle of oven and roast for 10 minutes.
4. Stir to redistribute juices and roast for 10 to 15 minutes longer or until tomatoes are browned and juices are very reduced.
5. When cool, mash garlic clove and coarsely chop tomatoes. Transfer to small bowl. Cover and refrigerate if not serving within an hour or two. (Tomatoes can be made up to 4 days in advance; bring to room temperature before serving.)
To bake cottage cheese:
1. Place rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In large bowl, whisk eggs until well combined and frothy. Place strainer over bowl and add cottage cheese; force through strainer with spatula or back of spoon. (Alternatively, combine eggs and cheese in food processor and process until smooth.)
3. Add Parmesan or Asiago cheese, flour, oil, marjoram or thyme, lemon zest and pepper and stir together well.
4. Spread mixture evenly in prepared pie plate. Baked for 35 to 45 minutes or just until puffed all over and lightly browned on top.
5. Let cool to lukewarm or room temperature. Cut into wedges and serve topped with roasted grape tomatoes.