There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1 whole (3 to 4-pound) walleye, cleaned
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
10 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter, divided
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice plus lemon wedges
8 ounces Cabot Mild Lactose-Free Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Season walleye inside and out with salt and pepper. Place in large baking dish, cutting in half to fit if needed.
3. Cut 8 tablespoons of butter into small pieces; place half inside fish and remaining half on top. Cover dish tightly with foil. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in small skillet. When butter is hot but not browned, add almonds and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add half of parsley and lemon juice and continue cooking and stirring for another 2 to 3 minutes. Cover and set aside to keep warm.
6. When fish flakes easily when pierced with fork, sprinkle with cheese. Immediately pour almond mixture over top. Garnish with remaining parsley and lemon wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Jimmy Kennedy.