There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
3 slices smoky bacon
1/2 finely chopped yellow onion
1 pound ground pork
3 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup thick tomato-based barbecue sauce
1- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 ounces Cabot Monterey Jack, sliced
4 soft onion rolls, split
1. In small skillet, cook bacon until crisp transfer to paper towel to drain.
2. Remove all but about 2 teaspoons fat from skillet; add onion and cook, stirring, until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Spread on small plate to cool.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high.
4. Chop or crumble bacon into small pieces and put in medium bowl; add pork, 3 tablespoons of barbecue sauce, Tabasco sauce, salt and onions; mix gently to combine. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
5. Brush grill with wad of paper towel dipped in oil to prevent sticking. Brushing with additional barbecue sauce, grill burgers until cooked through to center, 5 to 8 minutes per side.
6. Top with cheese and cover with grill lid or foil until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Serve on rolls.