There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
BBQ Teriyaki Sauce:
1/2 cup favorite barbecue sauce
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup sherry or sake
Vegetable & Cheddar Rolls:
1 medium yellow summer squash
1 medium zucchini
3 green onions or wild leeks, split lengthwise and cut crosswise into four pieces
1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips the same length as green onions or leeks
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar, cut into thin strips the same length as green onions or leeks
To make sauce:
1. Combine ingredients in heavy saucepan; bring to boil over medium-high heat.
2. Reduce heat to maintain gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until reduced and thickened.
To finish rolls:
3. With sharp knife, cut summer squash and zucchini into 1/8-inch-thick lengthwise slices, about 6 to 8 inches long and 2 to 2 1/2 inches wide.
4. Brush one slice of yellow squash and one slice of zucchini lightly on both sides with some of BBQ Teriyaki sauce. On one end of yellow squash, place crosswise piece of green onion, piece of red pepper and one or two pieces of cheese. Starting with same end, carefully roll slice up around vegetables and cheese to form tight cylinder.
5. Holding roll tight, add zucchini slice and tightly roll it around yellow squash. Still holding roll tightly, secure with one or several toothpicks as needed. Repeat process with remaining vegetables.
6. Prepare grill or preheat broiler. Very gently dip rolls in remaining BBQ Teriyaki sauce.
7. Grill or broil for 3 to 4 minutes, turning midway. Remove toothpicks. Serve upright (trimming bottoms if necessary to help them stand) or lying down, with a little more sauce spooned over the top.
*Nutrition analysis based on using approximately 1-2 teaspoons of sauce per roll.
Recipe courtesy of Jimmy Kennedy.