There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1 pound top sirloin, cut into thin 1-by-2-inch strips
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
3 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter, divided
1/4 cup chopped shallots or onions
8 ounces baby bella (cremini) mushrooms, stems trimmed, caps wiped clean and sliced
2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth
12 ounces wide whole-wheat or regular egg noodles
2/3 cup Cabot 2% Plain Greek-Style Yogurt or Plain Greek-Style Yogurt
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
Sweet smoked paprika (optional)
1. Season beef with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in large heavy skillet over high heat until very hot and shimmering. Add enough of beef so it is in single layer with pieces separated; cook until browned on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to plate and repeat until all of beef is cooked; set aside.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to skillet, reducing heat to medium; add shallots or onions and cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, for several minutes longer until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned. Add flour, stirring until it is lightly browned and blended in, 30 to 60 seconds longer.
5. Stir in beef broth; bring to simmer, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet, and cook until thickened. Remove from heat.
6. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and toss with remaining tablespoon butter.
7. Return skillet with mushrooms and sauce to heat; stir in reserved browned beef and any juices. When heated through, turn off heat under pan and add yogurt and dill, stirring until well blended. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve over noodles, sprinkled with paprika if using.