There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1/2 cup Cabot Light Sour Cream
2 ounces Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar*, grated (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup minced green onion, divided
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons jarred tomato salsa
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups drained canned black beans, divided
1 cup cooked rice
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon canned adobo sauce
4 cups fresh breadcrumbs, divided
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
2 ounces Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar*, cut into thin strips (about 1/2 cup)
1. In small bowl, combine sour cream, grated cheese, and 2 tablespoons of green onion. In another small bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, salsa, and cilantro. Cover bowls and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Coat small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add remaining 2 tablespoons green onion and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until tender, about 3 minutes.
3. In large bowl, mash 1 cup of beans with potato masher; add remaining whole beans, rice, egg white and adobo sauce; stir together well. Fold in 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
4. Divide mixture into 12 portions; shape each portion into 1/2-inch-thick cake. Pat remaining 3 cups breadcrumbs onto outside of cakes.
5. In large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add half of cakes; cook until golden on underside, about 4 minutes. Turn cakes over and cook until golden on second side, about 4 minutes longer. Transfer to plate and top with half of cheese strips. Cover to keep warm and repeat procedure with remaining oil, cakes, and cheese.
6. To serve, place 2 black bean cakes on each of 6 individual serving plates; top each serving with cheddar sour cream and cherry tomato salsa.
*For best results, shred and cut cheese chilled from refrigerator.