Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
*Nutrition analysis for Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar.
1 (10-oz) package frozen chopped broccoli
4 ounces Cabot Vermont Premium Cream Cheese, cold from refrigerator
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, Seriously Sharp Cheddar or Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated* (about 1 cup)
2 green onions, sliced
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (15-ounce) package prepared pie crusts (2 crusts)
1. Place rack in middle of oven and preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Place frozen broccoli in medium microwave-safe bowl; cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave until hot and tender, about 9 minutes (do not add any water).
3. Uncover and add cream cheese; stir until cheese is softened and completely blended with broccoli. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
4. Add cheddar, green onions, lemon juice, salt and pepper; stir until combined.
5. Unroll one pie crust and place on large ungreased baking sheet. Place broccoli mixture in center, spreading to within 1/2 inch of edge.
6. Moisten bare edge of crust with water. Top with second crust and press edges together with tines of fork to seal. Prick design in top crust, or make cut-outs with small cutter.
7. Bake tart for 12 to 18 minutes or until nicely browned on top and underside. Let cool for 10 minutes, then cut into about 20 wedges. Serve warm.