There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1 large egg white
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning or other prepared seafood seasoning
4 (8 to 10-ounce) walleye fillets
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
9 tablespoons melted Cabot Salted Butter, divided
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon mild paprika
2 lemons, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick thick slices
1. Beat egg white with electric mixer to stiff peaks; gently fold in mayonnaise, cheese and seafood seasoning; set aside.
2. Preheat broiler to high. Pat fillets completely dry with paper towels and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
3. In small bowl, combine 8 tablespoons of melted butter, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Brush broiler pan with remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
4. Place walleye fillets skin-side-down on broiler pan. Brush top of each fillet with about 2 tablespoons of butter-lemon juice mixture.
5. Place about 4 inches from heat and broil for 5 minutes, occasionally brushing with remaining butter mixture.
6. Sprinkle fillets with paprika and broil for a minute or two longer, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
7. Spread each fillet with some of with some of egg white topping and broil for an additional minute or until golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Jimmy Kennedy.