Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
*Nutrition analysis for Cabot Sharp Cheddar.
2 cups King Arthur All-Purpose Flour, plus more for shaping
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons cold Cabot Salted Butter
6 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar or Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated* (about 1 1/2 cups)
About 1 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with parchment or stack 2 sheets together.
2. In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Cut butter into pieces and add to dry ingredients; work in with your fingers or pastry cutter until butter is in small bits. Add cheese and toss to combine.
4. With fork, stir in enough of buttermilk to make very soft dough (it will be sticky). Turn out onto floured surface. Knead dough about 8 times by folding in half and pressing onto itself, dusting with more flour as needed. Press into 3/4-inch-thick circle.
5. With 2 1/2-inch diameter cutter or small glass, cut out biscuits and place about 1/2 inch apart on baking sheet. Press scraps together and cut out additional biscuits.
6. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden. Serve warm with Apple-Cranberry Butter.
Nutrition Analysis for one plain biscuit.