There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1 pound ground beef (round or chuck)
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar or Seriously Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)*
12 slices packaged "already-cooked" bacon, cut in half
6 hot dog rolls
Arugula or watercress leaves (optional)
Chipotle Aioli (see recipe)
1. Place rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 500°F.
2. In large bowl, combine beef and cheddar; scatter salt and pepper over top. Gently work mixture together until well combined.
3. Divide mixture into quarters and shape each quarter into six (1 1/4-inch) balls, for a total of 24 balls.
4. Wrap each ball in a half slice bacon, pressing into patty shape. Arrange patties on large baking sheet.
5. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Loosen from baking sheet with spatula.
6. Cut each roll crosswise into 4 sections to make mini-buns. Place some arugula or watercress in each, topped with mini-burger and small dollop of Chipotle Aioli.
Makes 2/3 cup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon white or cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper or chipotle hot sauce
1. In small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Analysis (*calculated using Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Cheddar)
Calories 110, Total Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 2g, Sodium 180mg, Carbohydrates 6g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Protein 7g, Calcium 40mg
Nutrition Analysis (*calculated using Seriously Sharp Cheddar)
Calories 117, Total Fat 7.5g, Saturated Fat 2g, Sodium 187mg, Carbohydrates 6g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Protein 6.5g, Calcium 49mg