There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 (1/4-ounce) package Red Star QuickRise Yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water (120-130 degrees)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/8 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup sundried tomatoes, pureed
1 cup sliced Georgia Pecans
1 (14-ounce) can small artichoke hearts, cut into quarters
1 (6-ounce) can pitted small black olives, drained and cut in half
1 pound cooked shrimp 21-25 size, shell and tail removed
6 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, cut into twenty-four 2-inch strips
1. Food Processor Method - Place the focaccia dough ingredients into a food processor with a dough blade attached. Turn on low setting until the dough ingredients combine and form a ball.
Stand Mixer Method Combine Focaccia Dough ingredients, except 2 1/2 cups flour, in mixing bowl with paddle or beaters for 4 minutes on medium speed. Using a dough hook, gradually add remaining flour and knead for 5 to 7 minutes until smooth and elastic.
2. Place dough ball in a lightly oiled bowl and turn to oil top. Cover with plastic wrap for 30 minutes or until dough doubles in size. Dough is ready when you stick 2 fingers in it and the indentations remain. This is referred to as 'ripe.'
3. Place dough on a lightly oiled sheet pan and press down to fit the shape of the pan. With a fork, poke holes all over the dough.
4. In a bowl, combine the 3 Oil Baste ingredients. NOTE: This can be made in advance. Brush this 'baste' over top of dough and spread out the basil and garlic mixture. Sprinkle with sea salt.
5. Place in a preheated 400°F oven for 20 minutes and/or the dough is brown on bottom. Remove & cool.
6. Cut focaccia into 24 pieces. Spread each piece with the sun dried tomato spread. Place on each piece 1 teaspoon sliced pecans, 2 pieces of artichoke hearts, 2 black olive halves, 1 shrimp and place a cheese strip down the middle of the focaccia.
7. Place the Seriously Sharp Shrimp Focaccia pieces under the broiler until cheese starts to melt. Remove and serve. Happy Holidays from The Clever Cleaver Brothers®!