There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1/2 cup grits
1 tablespoon Cabot Salted Butter
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
1/4 cup minced onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup white wine or cooking wine
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
5 tablespoons chilled Cabot Salted Butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
To make grits:
1. Begin cooking grits according to package directions.
2. When grits are nearly done, whisk in butter; slowly add cheese while continuing to whisk. When cheese has melted and grits are smooth and thickened, remove from heat, cover and set aside.
To make BBQ shrimp:
1. Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
2. In skillet, heat half of oil over medium-high heat; add shrimp and cook until pink and beginning to curl, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
3. Add remaining oil to skillet. Add onion and garlic and stir for about 30 seconds. Add wine, lemon juice, rosemary, hot sauce and Worcestershire; cook, stirring, until reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
4. Return shrimp to skillet and stir until just heated through, about 30 seconds. Turn off heat under pan and add butter a cube or two at a time until all is incorporated. Stir in parsley and season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve over warm grits.
Recipe courtesy of Jimmy Kennedy.