Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 1/2 cups peeled, diced sweet potato
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup chopped poblano peppers (about 3 large peppers)
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
2 cups cold lowfat (1%) milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch
8 ounces Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
Gluten-Free Pie Crust
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
2. Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat; add sweet potato, onion garlic and salt. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add corn, poblano peppers and chicken, stirring well to combine.
3. Combine milk and cornstarch in small bowl and add to mixture. Bring to boil, stirring constantly, until filling starts to thicken. Remove from heat.
4. Pour filling evenly into 8 ramekins; allow to cool.
5. Sprinkle cheese evenly over filling in ramekins. Place rounds of pie crust over ramekins and filling; pierce crust several times with fork.
6. Combine egg and water; brush evenly over crust.
7. Place ramekins on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until filling is bubbling and crust is golden.
Try with our Gluten-Free Pie Crust .