Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup Cabot Regular Sour Cream
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
2. Into medium bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In another bowl, beat butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. While beating, gradually add sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and beat until mixture is smooth.
4. Alternately add some of flour mixture and sour cream; beat just until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips, if using.
5. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until knife or skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely in pan (cake may settle in center as it cools.)