There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
2 pounds Yukon Gold or other yellow potatoes or Russet (Idaho) potatoes
3 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter, melted, or extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt or more to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2/3 cup Cabot 2% Plain Greek-Style Yogurt or Plain Greek-Style Yogurt
1/3 cup milk
Optional additions: 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives and/or 8 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, Extra Sharp Cheddar or Horseradish Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
1. Peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch pieces.
2. Put potatoes in large pot; add about 1/2 inch of water to pot and place over high heat. Once water is boiling, reduce heat to maintain gentle simmer and cover pan. (Alternatively, use folding vegetable steamer in pot.)
3. Cook until potatoes meet no resistance when pierced with knife, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir potatoes halfway through cooking, adding more water if it has almost cooked away.
4. In small saucepan over low heat, whisk together yogurt and milk until warmed through.
5. Pour off water from large pot. With ricer set over bowl or potato masher in pot, mash potatoes. Add yogurt/milk mixture, butter or olive oil, salt and pepper, plus any optional additions, and stir in gently. Serve immediately, or keep warm in covered bowl set over pan of barely simmering water until ready to serve.