Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
2 ounces Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar or Cabot 3 Year Cheddar, grated (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
1 teaspoon chopped chipotle chili from small can of
chipotle chili in adobo plus tablespoon of sauce
2 cloves garlic
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 large ears fresh corn, husks and silk removed
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large or 2 medium red bell peppers
4 green onions, green and white parts, sliced
To make dressing:
1. Combine all ingredients in blender; blend until pureed.
To make salad:
1. Preheat grill to high.
2. Rub corn lightly with oil. Place on grill, turning occasionally, until charred in spots on all sides, 10 to 15 minutes. Grill red peppers (without oil) as well, rotating as skin becomes completely blackened, about 15 minutes as well. Remove corn and peppers from grill, covering peppers with plastic wrap.
3. When corn is cool enough to handle, stand each ear up in large bowl. Slice off kernels from all sides into bowl with sharp knife.
4. When peppers have cooled, cut in half lengthwise. Rub off and discard blackened skins (some bits can remain). Remove stem and seeds. Cut peppers into approximate 1/2-inch pieces.
5. Add peppers and green onions to corn. Add dressing and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.