There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
4 ears fresh corn
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 fresh tomatoes, diced
1 cup (1-inch pieces) fresh okra or 1 cup frozen cut okra
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
8 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
1. Carefully pull back husk from each ear of corn, leaving it still attached at base. Remove and discard silk. Snap off ear and set aside. Place intact husks in large pot of water to soak, along with 8 pieces of string, each about 10 inches long.
2. While husks soak, stand each ear of corn up on end; with sharp knife, cut off kernels from top to base (you should have about 2 cups total).
3. In heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until just beginning to soften. Add tomatoes, okra and corn. Reduce heat to maintain gentle simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until okra is tender; season with salt and pepper, then cover and set aside to keep warm.
4. Remove husks and string from water, shaking them dry. Place one tilapia fillet inside each husk; season with salt and pepper. Carefully close husks around fillets, tying top with piece of soaked string. Add second piece of string around middle if needed.
5. Preheat grill to medium-low. Place fish packets on grill and cook for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. With fork, check middle of one packet to see if fish flakes easily.
6. When fish is done, place on plates. Open husks and spoon some of warm corn mixture on top of fish. Sprinkle each with some of cheese. (Or top fish with cheese and serve corn mixture separately.)
Recipe courtesy of Jimmy Kennedy.