There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1 sheet frozen puff pastry (half of 17.3-ounce package), thawed and unfolded
6 ounces Cabot Hot Habanero Cheddar, finely grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 egg, lightly beaten with 2 tablespoons water
1. Place rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with nonstick spray.
2. On lightly floured work surface, use rolling pin to lengthen puff pasty sheet to about 18 inches.
3. In small bowl, toss together cheese and cumin. Lightly brush sheet with some of beaten egg. Sprinkle evenly with half of cheese.
4. Top pastry with large sheet of plastic wrap, and press surface lightly to embed cheese in pastry. Invert pastry and plastic wrap. Brush new surface with egg wash and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
5. Pick up one short side of pastry and fold lengthwise in thirds, like a letter. Discard plastic wrap. Lightly dust top and bottom of strip with flour. With rolling pin, lengthen strip to about 18 inches.
6. Cut strip crosswise into 1/4-inch strips. Arrange strips 1/2 inch apart on baking sheets, twisting twice before placing on sheet and pressing lightly to keep from untwisting.
7. Bake in upper third of oven for 12 to 18 minutes or until well browned and crisp, watching carefully toward the end. Let cool, then store in airtight container for up to 2 days. Recrisp in 350°F oven before serving if desired.