There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
2 medium butternut squash, halved and seeded
1 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
1/2 cup Cabot Regular Sour Cream
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
1/8 teaspoon ground sage
1 (6-ounce) package cornbread mix
8 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat large baking sheet with sides with cooking spray.
2. Place squash halves cut-side-down on baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour.
3. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Scoop pulp from squash, discarding skins, and place in colander. Let stand for about 10 minutes for excess liquid to drain.
4. Meanwhile, increase oven temperature to 425°F. Lightly coat large baking dish with cooking spray.
5. In large bowl, combine sour cream, eggs, brown sugar, salt, pepper, thyme and sage. Add cooled drained squash. Mix with electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Stir in dry cornbread mix and cheese.
6. Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Up to 3 days in advance, bake and drain squash (steps 1-3); cover and refrigerate.
Up to 8 hours in advance, combine squash and remaining ingredients (except cornbread mix and cheese). When ready to bake, stir in cornbread mix and cheese. Bake and serve warm.