There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
2 cups water
1 pint fresh raspberries
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 large eggs
3/4 cup Cabot Plain Greek-Style Yogurt
1/3 cup sugar
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) Cabot Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
Juice and zest of 2 lemons
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
To make compote:
1. In medium saucepan, bring water to boil. Add raspberries and sugar, adjust heat to maintain simmer, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until reduced to desired thickness. Set aside to cool completely.
To make pudding cakes:
1. Place rack in top third of oven and preheat oven to 425˚F. Lightly coat eight standard 3-ounce muffin cups with cooking spray (or use nonstick muffin pan).
2. Sift flour and baking powder together into large bowl.
3. In another large bowl, whisk eggs until light and creamy. Gently whisk in yogurt, sugar, melted butter, lemon juice and zest and vanilla.
4. Add flour mixture, whisking just until smooth.
5. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 9 to10 minutes or until cakes are golden brown on top and evenly browned on sides when pulled away from side of cups.
7. Invert onto serving plates and top with raspberry compote.
Recipe courtesy of Liz Harty, a Boston-based chef, food writer and the Catering Manager at Formaggio Kitchen in Cambridge, MA.