There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
*Nutrition analysis based on using Cabot Garlic & Herb Cheddar.
3 cups water
2 teaspoons pareve chicken bouillon granules
1 cup white stone-ground grits (not instant)
3 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
3 tablespoons sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter, cut into pieces
2 tablespoons pitted kalamata olives, chopped
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
6 ounces Cabot Garlic & Herb Cheddar or Cabot 3 Year Cheddar, grated, divided (1 1/2 cups)*
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil 8-inch square baking dish and set aside.
2. In medium saucepan, bring water and bouillon to boil.
3. Stir in grits, lowering heat to maintain gentle simmer; cover pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until grits are thick, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in pesto, tomatoes, butter, olives, garlic salt and 1 cup of cheese until well combined. Turn mixture out into prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. (Recipe can be prepared ahead up to this point; cover and refrigerate, bringing to room temperature before baking.)
5. Sprinkle grits with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. To serve, cut into squares or scoop out with serving spoon.