Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
We had these for breakfast this morning. My huband's comment was "this recpe is a keeper." That comment is not often given by him. I think I should have let them cool a bit more before trying to cut them. on 12/28/2011
Nonstick cooking spray
4 (10-inch) flour whole-grain tortillas
1 cup chunky applesauce
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon melted Cabot Salted Butter
1/2 cup Cabot Light Sour Cream
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Spread applesauce over two tortillas. Top with cheese and remaining tortillas.
3. In small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Brush tops of quesadillas with butter and sprinkle with half of sugar-cinnamon mixture.
4. Bake for 6 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
5. Meanwhile, stir sour cream into remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture.
6. Cut each quesadilla into quarters. Serve topped with dollops of sour cream mixture.