There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1 (8-ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and quartered
2/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 2 medium oranges)
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup Cabot Salted Butter
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 ounces Cabot Mild Lactose-Free Cheddar, grated (about 3/4 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat medium casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Separate roll dough into individual sections. Working with one piece at a time, flatten dough slightly with hands and wrap around one apple quarter, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and apple quarters; place dumplings in prepared dish.
3. Combine orange juice, sugar, butter, cranberries, cinnamon and nutmeg in small saucepan. Bring to boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
4. Pour sauce over dumplings. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Sprinkle cheese over dumplings and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Up to 2 days in advance, peel, core and quarter apples; toss with lemon juice. Place in zip-close bag and refrigerate. (Do not open dough). Prepare orange juice-butter sauce; let cool and refrigerate separately.
Up to 2 hours in advance, wrap apples in dough. Pour sauce over dumplings and refrigerate.
During dinner, bake dumplings. Just before serving, top with cheese and finish baking. Serve warm.