There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) or your favorite herb or spice
8 tablespoons (1 stick) cold Cabot Salted Butter, cut into pieces
1 large egg, beaten
8 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease with butter. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and cayenne or other herb or spice.
2. Add butter and work into flour mixture with pastry blender or your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. (Alternatively, use mixer with paddle attachment or food processor.)
3. Mix in egg until medium-firm dough is formed, 1 to 2 minutes. Add cheese and beat or blend again until well incorporated.
4. Shape dough into rectangle, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in freezer for about thirty minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 375°F. Unwrap dough and place on lightly floured work surface. Roll out to 1/8” thickness or less.
6. With fish-shaped* or other small cookie cutter, cut out crackers and place on baking sheet. Press scraps together and re-roll to cut additional crackers.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 ten minutes or until crackers are light golden brown. Let cool completely on baking sheet and store in airtight container for up to 1 week.
*Available from www.cookiecutter.com
Recipe courtesy of Jimmy Kennedy.