There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
2 cups (1/2-inch) diced eggplant
2 cups (1/2-inch) diced zucchini
2 cups (1/2-inch) peeled and diced buttercup or butternut squash
2 cups (1/2-inch) dice) cored, seeded and diced fresh tomato
3 medium whole cloves garlic, peeled
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 ounces penne or other small pasta shape
1/4 cup slivered fresh basil
2.5 ounces Cabot Sharp Extra Light Cheddar (about 2/3 cup)
1/3 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1.5 ounces Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar (about 1/3 cup)
1. Place rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 450°F. Coat roasting pan or baking sheet with sides with cooking spray.
2. Add vegetables and garlic cloves. Drizzle with oil, tossing to coat.
3. Roast until vegetables are lightly browned and tender, stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove garlic cloves and mash into paste; stir back into vegetables.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. When done, remove 1/2 cup cooking water from pot and set aside. Drain pasta well and return to pot. Add roasted vegetables, basil, reduced fat cheddar, salt and pepper. Toss together, adding enough of reserved cooking water to moisten.
5. Serve topped with Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar.