Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
6 medium potatoes
4 ounces Cabot Pepper Jack*, grated (about 1 cup)
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
2 tablespoons finely minced onion
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Vegetable oil for deep-fat frying
1. Parboil potatoes, then peel and shred.
2. In wok or Dutch oven, heat oil to 350°F.
3. Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine potatoes, cheese, eggs, flour, onion, baking powder, salt and pepper; mix together well.
4. When oil is hot (it should sizzle when small amount of batter is added), drop in batter a tablespoon at a time. Cook until golden, turning once.
5. As latkes are done, transfer with slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Serve plain or with Cabot Nonfat Plain Yogurt mixed with minced fresh chives.
*For Milder flavor, substitute Cabot Monterey Jack or Mild Cheddar.
Recipe courtesy of Marcy Goldman of www.betterbaking.com