There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
2 tart Granny Smith apples
2 sweet apples, such as Rome Beauty
1/3 cup dried cherries
3 tablespoons maple syrup
4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons "light" butter, softened
1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1/4 cup rolled oats (not instant)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 ounces Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar, grated (about 1/2 cup)
To make filling:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat six (6-ounce) oven-proof ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Core and slice apples (not necessary to peel) and place in medium bowl. Add cherries, maple syrup and lemon juice; toss to mix and set aside.
To make topping and assemble dessert:
1. In medium bowl, toss together brown sugar, butter, flour, oats, cinnamon and salt with fork until crumbly. Add cheese and toss again.
2. Divide reserved apple mixture among prepared ramekins. Mound some of topping on each.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until apples are soft when pierced with knife or skewer.
Recipe submitted by Rita Calvert of Annapolis, Maryland