Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
Anonymous on 11/16/2009Tastes really good. More work than for me but it's really good for when I have more time.
Sandy on 02/26/2013Makes great chicken fingers, though I changed the corn flakes for Italian bread crumbs and added some shredded parmigian Cheese. The family very much liked the fresh large chicken fingers over the frozen ones. A little labour intensive, but I think next time I will take the time to make extra and freeze. Thank you for the recipe.
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
Pinch ground black pepper
4 large egg whites
1/2 cup reduced fat (2%) milk
1 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
6 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In three separate bowls:
- mix together flour, salt and pepper
- beat together egg whites and milk
- mix together cornflakes and cheese
3. Dip chicken strips first into flour, then into egg white mixture, then into cornflake mixture, turning to coat. Place in baking dish. (Discard any unused mixture.)
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until nicely browned, turning over after about 12 minutes. Serve with ketchup or barbecue sauce if desired.