Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
One-quarter yellow onion, chopped
2 whole cloves
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup roux (see recipe below)
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
4 ounces Cabot Pepper Jack, grated (about 1 cup)
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. In medium saucepan over medium heat, stir onions and cloves until fragrant.
2. Add cream and bring to boil. Reduce heat to maintain gentle simmer and whisk in roux. Cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened.
3. Remove from heat and stir in cheddar and pepper jack cheeses; stir until melted. Pour sauce through strainer, discarding onions and cloves. Season with salt and pepper.
Makes 1/2 cup or 16 servings
1 cup clarified butter
1 3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1. In sauté pan, heat clarified butter over medium heat; whisk in flour.
2. Let mixture bubble gently until light blonde in color. Let cool.
Nutrition Analysis for Roux per 1/16 recipe:
Calories 180, Total Fat 14g, Saturated Fat 9g, Sodium 0mg, Carbohydrates 10g, Dietary Fiber 0.5g, Protein 1.5g, Calcium 2mg
Recipe courtesy of Red Jacket Mountain View Resort, North Conway, NH.