Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
There are no reviews for this recipe yet...
2 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons cold Cabot Salted Butter, cut into pieces
8 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar or Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated & lightly packed (about 2 cups)
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add butter and work in with fingertips until pieces mixture looks crumbly. Add cheese and toss to combine.
3. In small bowl, whisk together buttermilk and egg. Add to flour mixture and stir until well combined.
4. Turn dough out onto floured surface. Knead several times, then shape into smooth ball. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges.