Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
DOG LOVED THEM, I LOVED THEM MORE,YUM, YUM.. on 11/23/2011
6 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
2 sticks Cabot Salted Butter, cut into pieces
1 1/2 cups King Arthur Whole Wheat Flour, plus more for rolling
1 clove garlic, finely minced
Milk as needed
1. Combine cheese and butter in bowl; let stand until at room temperature and softened.
2. Add flour and garlic and cream together with mixer or fork until well combined. Add small amount of milk if mixture is too dry to form ball.
3. Press dough into flat disk, wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until chilled.
4. Preheat oven to 375°F.
5. Sprinkle work surface with additional flour and roll dough out into even layer. Cut into star and moon shapes and arrange on baking sheets.
6. Bake for 12 to15 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Let cool and store in airtight container.
Courtesy of Prince William County SPCA.