Owned by our farm families in New York & New England — Since 1919
Anonymous on 11/16/2009This recipe is great for lunch or a light supper paired with a salad and sliced avocado!
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 cups water
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon canola oil
4 cups reduced-sodium canned chicken broth
16 ounces fresh or frozen white corn
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
Corn tortilla chips
6 ounces Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
1. In saucepan, combine chicken breasts and water. Bring to gentle simmer and cook just until set in center.
2. Meanwhile, in medium skillet over medium heat, combine onion, garlic and oil; cook, stirring, until onions are tender. Set aside.
3. Transfer cooked chicken to plate to cool. Strain cooking liquid into another saucepan.
4. Add canned broth to cooking liquid and bring to simmer. Add corn and cook for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and reserved onion mixture and cook until heated through.
5. In each of eight large soup bowls, arrange about 8 tortilla chips. Shred cooled chicken and divide among bowls. Ladle hot soup over chips and chicken; top with grated cheese.